Good Evening Noel Community Arts High School Family!
We want to thank all of our families who came out to our Arts Recruitment and Parent Night this past week. We enjoyed the opportunity to share with you information about our Arts programming and our efforts to go green as a school.
Parents, this Tuesday, your student will receive notification from Mr. Richardson, Dean of Students and Mr. Andersen, Director of Data & Assessments, regarding assignment to Saturday School. Students will be assigned to Saturday School for one or more of the following reasons:
· Receiving a D and/or F in one or more classes
· Receiving an Incomplete in a class at the end of 1st Semester
· Seniors whose attendance is below the 95% district and school expectation
· Students in grades 9-11 who did not meet benchmarks on PSAT
Parents, students who are assigned to Saturday School will receive a slip of paper specifying the reason. We are asking that you sign the slip of paper indicating that you have received it. Parents, you will also receive a phone call and email notifying you of your student’s assignment to Saturday School.
Saturday School is open to students who want additional tutoring in math or want to work towards completion of their Credit Recovery classes.
Students! Are you crushin’ on someone special and can’t keep your undying love a secret anymore? This Valentine’s Day let us help you spread the love! Send anyone at NCAS a can of Crush soda with a personalized message signed by you. You can purchase Crush Grams from February 5th-February 13th in the Main Office. Please see Ms. Ruby.
Parents, mark your calendars:
· Friday, February 16th and Tuesday, February 20th are Student Led Conferences. Your student’s Advisement teacher will be contacting you this week to schedule your appointment.
· NCAS Honor Roll & Awards Assembly has moved to Friday, February 23rd from 9:15-10:00am. Please join us as we celebrate the academic and community accomplishments of our students.
· The Winter Season of our Far Northeast Athletic Program is in full swing. Please check out our athletics website for more information.
Finally, Khan Academy. Parents, we are asking that your student spend 44-70 minutes on Khan Academy a week at home. Khan Academy is an online database that offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower students to study, practice, and prepare for the PSAT & SAT exams. Research states that students, who spend this much time a week, will increase their scores on average from 115-200 points!
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us here at Noel. Have a great week!