- Applications for the 2018-2019 school year will be accepted January 8- March 11, 2018
- Youth commissioners must live in Denver or attend a Denver Public School (9th – 12th grade)
- Selected commissioners will attend “evening” meetings the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month during the school year
Follow this link to access the applications: https://www.denvergov.org/content/denvergov/en/office-of-childrens-affairs/mayors-youth-commission1.html
What is the Mayor’s Youth Commission (MYC)?
The Mayor’s Youth Commission provides youth the opportunity to develop leadership skills and advise the director of the Office of Children’s Affairs on issues impacting youth, ages 12 – 18, living in the City and County of Denver. Youth commissioners work together with adult commissioners to make recommendations in the areas of:
- Developing procedures and processes
- Accessing and participating in citywide programs
- Ensuring equal rights and opportunities through legislation or administrative action
- Establishing goals and action plans
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.