WHAT WE DO: http://www.dpscareerconnect.org/careerresidency/
CareerResidency Youth Apprenticeship Programs within DPS combine traditional high school classroom learning with on-the-job experiences and higher education. Students have access to the following opportunities:
Free higher ed and training opportunities.
Earn a high school diploma, credentials, certificates, college courses, and even fully-stackable two-year degrees.
Earn money based on your participation in the program.
More competitive college and career portfolios
as a result of higher education and workplace experiences and connections.
Work experiences in high-demand job fields,
with the potential for engaging and profitable future careers. Immersive work experience that is guaranteed to set you apart from the typical High School Student
This three-year program is available to incoming DPS Juniors and Seniors starting in fall 2017 and will pilot in four industries: advanced manufacturing, business, healthcare, and technology.
HOW TO APPLY FOR CAREERRESIDENCY YOUTH APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMS
- Must be rising DPS juniors or seniors in the summer of 2018.
- Must be on-track to graduation, or on-track to graduate with support and/or credit recovery.
- Must have an up-to-date ICAP in Naviance
Students with the following experiences are highly encouraged to apply:
- Demonstrated interest in the field/sector, as evidenced by DPS CareerConnect pathway courses, work-based learning opportunities, and/or other experiences.
- Participation in the CareerLaunch internship program prior to CareerResidency. (Participation must be prior to the CareerResidency start date, but not prior to the application date.)
The application includes: resume, teacher recommendation, attendance records, background check, parent consent form, and transcript. (No minimum GPA is required; the transcript is to support your credit-accumulation status.)
After you apply, you’ll go through an internal screening and interview process. Once approved by DPS CareerConnect staff, you’ll interview with potential companies in the spring of 2018. Companies will select their CareerResidency students by late spring 2018.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.